Friday, May 26, 2006

 

"None but the brave deserve the fair"

I cannot look at the girlfriends of my two nephews and not be reminded of poet John Dryden, who in Alexander's Feast (yes, Alexander the Great), said, "None but the brave deserve the fair."
Which brings me to today's picture.
Anyway, yesterday it was "all about Max."
Today, I want to tell you all about one of the finest young men I've ever known (And, over the years, I've worked with - or led - truly the best men in the world).
He's 17-year-old Michael Paul Fowler, my oldest nephew, godson, and eternal confidante.
As I mentioned yesterday, he's an honors student, master fisherman, woodlore-savvy outdoorsman, and former high school track athlete who has broken - and continues to hold - several "family" records for distance running (and I never thought Michael or Max could beat me).
Here's a pic of him and his beautiful and - as I'm told - incredibly intelligent and creative thinking girlfriend, Sarah Price (doesn't she remind you of some bewitching Irish lass you'd see in a movie like Braveheart? Wow!).
Semper Fi,
WTSjr

[Please visit W. Thomas Smith Jr. at uswriter.com]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?