Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

Happy Max Fowler Day!

IT'S ALL ABOUT MAX!



OK, so let's just say today is Max Fowler Day here in South Carolina.
As you all know, my nephew and godson Max Fowler is a TWICE-titled state wrestling champion (see previous entries for more info), but today at Lugoff-Elgin Middle School he took several brand-new honors including:

* Wrestling - MVP
* Football - Defensive lineman of the year
* Academics - highest math average for the year in the 8th grade

Now, I'm not even going to get into how proud my family and I are of this incredible, amazing, beyond-precious-to-us-all 14-year-old young man.
Instead, I'll just share these pics - Max is the boy wearing the reddish orange striped shirt. Others include his beautiful and equally bright-and-talented girlfriend, Rachel Haselden; his dad, Mike Fowler, my brother-in-law and the guy with the bar-none world's greatest laugh; and his mom (my sister), the lovely, talented, and sweet (if I'm unconscious) Annette Smith Fowler.
Like I always say, Max reminds us all so much of the boyhood performances of his Uncle Tom (say what?).
HAPPY MAX FOWLER DAY!
Not pictured is Max's equally fantastic older brother (also my godson), Michael, an honors student, master fisherman, woodlore-savvy outdoorsman, and former high school track athlete who has broken - and continues to hold - several "family" records for distance running (and I never thought either of these kids could beat me).
Semper Fi,
WTSjr

[Please visit W. Thomas Smith Jr. at uswriter.com]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?