Monday, December 19, 2005

 

Hi everybody (how's that for an original subject heading?)

It's my favorite time of year, but also beyond hectic. Fortunately, ALL of my Christmas shopping is done. I only have one or two more parties at which my attendance is somewhat mandatory, and I just have one more shift as a Salvation Army bell-ringer (though that's one of my favorite holiday traditions), before the big day... Oh, and you all should see my fantabulous Christmas lights!
OK, to business:
Big - strike that - HUGE election day in Iraq on Thursday. I write about it here at National Review Online.
I talked about with Michael Graham on Boston's WTKK. And it was discussed over at Michelle Malkin's, Rush Limbaugh's, Jeff Quinton's, Betsy's Place, Instapundit, and many, many others (those of you I've failed to mention, please drop me a line at wthomassmithjr - at - yahoo.com).
Also, check out our review of Peggy Noonan's new book at Townhall.com (great book by the way... Read the review and you'll see why I say so), and our latest on standing up the new Iraqi Army at World Defense Review.
Oh, almost forgot... posted the following at The Corner a few hours ago (Check out my weird title):
HISTORIC MOMENT IN AFGHANISTAN'S HISTORY
[W. Thomas Smith Jr.]
Less than four days after successful national elections in Iraq, The International Herald Tribune reports:
"Afghanistan today inaugurated its first democratically-elected parliament in decades, in an emotional ceremony that reduced Hamid Karzai, the nation’s president, to tears.


Dick Cheney, the US Vice President, and his wife, Lynne, were among the guests as the assembly opened amid tight security. He said it was 'a privilege to be present' for the historic event."
Read more here.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?