Wednesday, August 17, 2005

 

"Tom Clancy Drool-Fest" and The Washington Times

Hi all,
I'm going to stop apologizing for the brief droughts on this blog... it's just that I'm constantly on excrutiatingly tight deadlines, on the road, etc.
My pirate book (which I am co-authoring with Gail Selinger) is nearing completion, and I'm now getting ready for school (teaching reporting at USC's J-school - yes, that's THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA for those of you on the West Coast).
Beyond that, we've had two pieces published over the past 24 hours: One at WORLD DEFENSE REVIEW, the other at THE WASHINGTON TIMES. Both have generated much feedback (more than I can possibly respond to, but please know I read each and every piece of e-mail, and I appreciate all). My piece at WDR is a Q&A with my friend Navy SEAL Commander Mark Divine, who was sent to Iraq last summer to observe and write a report on the new Marine Corps special operations unit being formed. Mark's report - MCSOCOM Proof of Concept Evaluation - was one of two independent studies conducted for the U.S. Defense Department. And I was fortunate to be able to chat with him first after the report was completed.
My second piece focuses on the combat skills being taught Army support troops during their 'basic training' at Fort Jackson here in central S.C.
Oh, and special thanks to the myriad bloggers and web guys who have focused much attention on our WDR piece, including my friend Jeff Quinton (a WDR contributor, by the way), the folks at freerepublic.com, The Jawa Report, Hyscience, Outside the Beltway, and VodkaPundit, who referred to our story as a "Tom Clancy Drool-Fest."
I know I'm leaving out others, so please forgive... and send me links to your mentioning sites... we will post.
Keep reading and stay tuned.

WTSjr





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?