Thursday, August 11, 2005

 

Return from Fort Jackson

Just got back from Fort Jackson (I make periodic trips there to see what the Army is doing in terms of recruit training... and Parris Island to see what the Marines are doing) and it is simply incredible what the Army's NCOs and officers are doing in terms of preparing teenagers and young twenty-somethings for war.
I'm posting this because I rarely do so after making these visits, and I'm always just so impressed that it's almost emotionally moving.
Folks, when you see a soldier or a sailor on the street... offer to buy 'em a cup of coffee or just say thanks for what they do for this country... 'cause their work is not easy, and they're doing it for us every single day - stateside and overseas.

More to come on my visit, so stay tuned!

WTSjr






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?