Sunday, June 05, 2005

 

More about "Gitmo"

My buddy Jeff Quinton says Brad Warthen blogged yesterday on a "Krauthammer piece" about Guantanamo Bay.
In Brad's post, he referred to Guantanamo as "Gitmo" after I posted my rant about outsiders freely using Marine/Navy jargon as if they were also on the Marine/Navy team. See my comments here to know what we're talking about.
Of course, Jeff is absolutely correct: Brad probably didn't see my comments. And had he done so, he probably still would've said Gitmo like every other American has since that Tom Cruise/Jack Nicholson flik a few years back.
Anyway, I'm gonna cut Brad some slack... he is, after all, a good guy, and his brand new weblog looks a whole lot better than mine :-(

On another note: Of those blogging my recent interview with Janine Di Giovanni, two of the more interesting ones are Dean Esmay at Dean's World, who says, "Sometimes what you find on blogs is simply astounding. Case in point: W. Thomas Smith Jr.'s interview with veteran war correspondent Janine Di Giovanni;" and Rusty Shackleford at The Jawa Report, who says, "W. Thomas Smith Jr. interviews the very hot Janine Di Giovanni on her experiences as a war reporter in Yugoslavia during the darkest days of the conflict."

WTSjr





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?