Monday, June 06, 2005

 

June 6, 1944

Hitting the beach!
The image “http://www.schoolshistory.org.uk/images/d-day.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Sixty-one years ago, today, Allied airborne and seaborne forces struck the Normandy coastline and began kicking in the front-door of Hitler's Fortress Europe. I'm proud to say, uncles on both sides of my family were there kicking in the door. Here is what I said on this date, last year, at NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE.

UPDATE: Michelle Malkin gives us a nice mention, as does my pal, Jeff Quinton, as does my editor, Kathryn Jean Lopez, at NRO, as does Barry Ready at The Palmetto Pundit, as do a few others who have been reported to me... though I've yet to check them out. Stay tuned!

Semper Fi,
WTSjr





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?