Thursday, May 19, 2005

 

Neckwear for nuke talks

A tale of two ties
Photo

THE "TIES" HAVE IT!
I don't know why, but this picture sort of interests me, because you can look at the two men and immediately determine which one is the envoy from North Korea (left) and which one is from South Korea (right), simply by their ties. Not their lapel pins - though that is obvious - but their ties.
Of course, either could have worn the tie the North Korean is wearing. But does anyone actually believe a North Korean diplomat would even own a tie as pretty as the one the South Korean guy is wearing?
Though I don't like the North Korean's tie as well as I do the South Korean's, I do think the North Korean is wearing a nice tie, and I do believe he tied his tie better than his counterpart from the South.
So, what might we deduce from all this other than the fact that I seriously need a work break? How about... the free world is more fashionable, but the Communists can tie a mean half-windsor.
Now I really must get back to work :-)

Oh, and here is the source and more information about the photo.
Best,
WTSjr






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?