Saturday, April 02, 2005

 

A great spiritual leader is dying

Not to preach or wax philosophic here... but I just heard some theology prof on TV say something that I think is pretty important.
I'm paraphrasing here (and I didn't catch it all, 'cause I was in the kitchen making coffee), but he said that the central theme - or the heart - of Pope John Paul II's message of life is that because God created us in the image of Himself, every single human life has tremendous worth and value... and that we will ultimately "find" ourselves by always giving of ourselves to others.
Anyway, maybe that's why he (the Pope) has always been able to bridge religious divides... and why - among other reasons - it has always been so important for him to do so.
I think it's also why so many of us (Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, whatever) will feel as if we are losing one of our own when he passes.

WTSjr





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?