Saturday, February 12, 2005

 

"a few good men"

Click the link to see a cool photograph (pic, poster, whatever) of the Al Hillah SWAT (special weapons and tactics) Team, currently operating south of Baghdad in Iraq's notorious "triangle of death."
The team - an all Iraqi special operations unit that specializes in direct action ops and raids on guerrilla strongholds - was trained by a U.S. Marine Force Recon Platoon under the command of Capt. Thomas "Tad" Douglas. We've written a number of pieces about the team (e.g. In their own hands) for NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE, and we've chatted several times with Douglas, who was also a key player in the dramatic rescue of Army private Jessica Lynch back in 2003.
Anyway, Capt. David Nevers of the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit sent me the pic (designed as a recruiting poster for young Iraqi men with dreams of living the life of a commando) months ago. I sent it to my buddy and fellow South Carolinian, Jeff Quinton, who posted it on his site and a few others.
As I understand it, we were the first in the states with the pic... and I'm sure we were the first to publish it.
It's now framed and hanging in my office... and I must say, makes quite a conversation piece.
Semper Fi,
WTSjr





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?