Saturday, February 26, 2005

 

Back to work!

Just got back from New York where on Thursday I met with - among others - my agent Jimmy Vines, and lunched with Penguin Books editor Paul Dinas and Kensington editor Gary Goldstein at Do Wha, a wonderful little Korean restaurant in Greenwich Village near Paul's office. (Oh, and congrats to Gary who was to be inducted into the Friars Club, that evening).
Later... attended a marvelous, snowy evening soiree at the Manhattan home of Bill and Pat Buckley where there were lots of headlining NATIONAL REVIEW and NRO editors - including my boss, Kathryn Jean Lopez.
Also, stopped by to see my dear friend Brett Harvey and her lovely assistant, Zeleika Raboy, at the Times Square offices of the American Society of Journalists & Authors, toured The Gates in Central Park (which I could actually see from my 26th-floor tower room at The Wellington), and hit a few other art exhibits and many of the touristy destinations I hadn't managed to cover in previous visits to the City (e.g. The Carnegie Deli - on the recommendations of Columbians Erika Swerling and Temple Ligon - where the corned beef sandwiches are bigger than your head.). It was all great fun. Much more later.
In the meantime, it's back to work (and responding to five-zillion email messages)... so posting here may be limited.
Ciao,
WTSjr

SUNDAY MORNING:
Temple characteristically emails, "Officially,... I [Temple] am the 'distinguished food critic from central South Carolina.'"





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?